Free Wifi on Selected Vehicles
Complimentary Refreshments Included
Pickup/drop off from your Location
Explore in style…
Inverness City, Loch Ness, Urqhart Castle, Beauly, Glen Ord Distillery, Dingwall and Celtic Healing Well.
Suggested times: 8-9 hours.
The Great Glen Tour from Invergordon
From Invergordon, The Great Glen Tour starts by traveling east through ancestral lands of the Munros, the Frasers and the Grants, Briefly visiting the former Viking capital of Dingwall and the pretty Victorian village, Beauly (from French, ‘beau lieu’ meaning beautiful place) with its wonderful medieval priory. Glen Ord Distillery is nearby, if you would like a brief tour of this excellent distillery, the home of ‘The Singleton’ malt whisky.
Then climbing 250 meters up and over the scenic Hen’s Back road, before dropping down to Drumnadrochit, (Gaelic for ‘the bridge by the ridge’) and on to see the strategically sited medieval royal castle, Urquhart Castle, magnificently set above Loch Ness. Loch Ness is one of Europe’s largest bodies of water and home of the one of the world’s most enduring mysteries, the Loch Ness monster.
You will hear of the loch’s many stories and legends, from its origins 400 million years ago.
The main events and activities spanning 1500 years of its recorded history and especially those about its most legendary resident Nessie!
Driving along its scenic loch-side road to Inverness, the capital of the Highlands. Passing Thomas Telford’s famous Caledonian Canal and then some time for shopping and refreshments. You’ll get a short but in-depth, Inverness Castle Skyline walking tour, pointing out many of the city’s most important buildings and sites from the wonderful vantage point of it’s elegant Victorian hilltop castle.
The Great Glen Tour travels to Inverness, stopping at a mysterious location. A final fascinating visit, at a special magical place not known by many tour guides. But one you which will fascinate and intrigue you. We then return to your cruise ship or Hotel at Invergordon.
7 Advantages (at least) over Coach Tours!
Booking one of our private guided tour from Invergordon
- Overall much better value per person than coach tours
- The flexibility of your personal tour – stop where you want and when you want
- Coach tours generally take people to one or two main attractions –we take you to at least 4!
- Coaches take you on the main roads –we can also take you on smaller more scenic roads
- You can interact with your friendly guide and ask them lots of questions!
- Eat when you want, where you want – enjoy a picnic in the beautiful countryside
- Don’t be disappointed when the tour taxis run out at Invergordon –book early to guarantee your special Highland tour!